You are off to a great start with your new digital camera. Now learn how to make your photos even better with Photoshop, improve your workflow with Lightroom, try out off-camera lighting techniques, and experiment with HDR. Expand your creative possibilities by taking a class at Pixels!
Tuition is only $39.00 per class. Since class space is limited we ask that you please reserve your spot at least 24-hours in advance.
Call Pixels Foto & Frame at (801) 233-9090 to sign-up for a Photoshop class today.
Join Pixels owner Ray Taggart and employees as they teach you how to take better photos, use Photoshop, or improve your workflow. Every class is limited to 8-12 people and individual attention is given to every student.
Learn the ropes of Photoshop from Ray, a master with over 20 years experience in the photo world. When you're finished, join Wayne for workflow management using Adobe Lightroom or learn how-to create High Dynamic Range photographs.
Each class runs up to 3 hours and is packed with great information for you to take home and put to use.
|Photoshop I||Photoshop II||Photoshop III||Photoshop IV|
|March 6||March 14||March 28||April 17|
|March 21||April 3||May 1||May 29|
|April 10||May 8||June 19|
|April 24||June 5|
|Lightroom I||Lightroom II||Color Management|
|May 9th||May 9th|
- Workspace in-depth & setting preferences.
- Understanding & manipulating pallets.
- Introduction to layers and their strength.
- Fixing color casts and making your photos POP!
- Tonal adjustments & fixing exposure problems.
- Sharpening photos to emphasize details.
- Printing tips & tricks.
- Multiple ways to correct flaws including filters.
- Using the History Brushes & Art History Brush.
- Multiple techniques for photo restoration.
- Combing photos to create composite images.
- Making complicated selections
- Understanding Layers & Blending Modes.
- Masking and multiple ways to use it.
- Making Black & White images from color photos.
- Using studio lighting effects & textures.
- Painting through one layer to another layer.
- Make someone look thinner (or heavier).
- Five cool techniques to make creative borders.
- Turning your photos into watercolor paintings.
- More on the power of Blending Modes.
- Covers various subjects not included in Photoshop sections I-III. To find out what secret techniques Ray teaches in this section, you'll just have to sign-up.
Photo editing made easy
- Introduction to Lightroom.
- Interface and workspace in-depth.
- Importing photos and embedding metadata.
- Rating and organizing photos.
- Photo editing using the Develop module.
- Intergration with Photoshop.
- Creating web galleries.
What you see is what you get
- What is color management?
- Why should I use it?
- What are color profiles?
- How to use different color profiles.
- 6 steps to a color-managed workflow.
- What you need to know in Photoshop and Lightroom.
Payment should be made at the time of the reservation. We accept credit card payments by phone. Classes with less than three registered students may be canceled and re-scheduled for another day.